+64 (03) 477 6111

Nationally Significant Consents

In such cases the Minister for the Environment will call such applications to be processed and decided by the EPA or Environment Court.

Alternatively, any applicants can lodge such applications with the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) and after considering s142 criteria and on recommendations by the EPA Minister may direct EPA or Environment Court or local council process and decision. In case of an EPA process a Board of Inquiry appointed by the Minister for the Environment will hear and decide the applications.

Any Minister call-ins have to be made before the end of the 5 working day period after the submission closure of a notified consent or prior to notified consent decision is released by the local council.